What's On AOL Music?

A daily update on The Mystery of the Disappearing Blogs

Friday, February 8, 2008

Time and Money Wasted

For over a year I did research so I would have the correct information to put in my blog. This information could be read by anyone who wanted to know more about Type 2 Diabetes. I knew that Type 2 Diabetes would be easier to live with if people could understand exactly what it was and what they could do to live a long and healthy life should they happen to have this disease. I had hundreds of readers including patients of physicians who had told them about the blog. Some of the information I posted came from physicians who treat people with this disease. Not only did it take up my time and money but it also took time away from the physicians who were willing to talk with me and share their knowledge. And everyone knows how much their time cost.


So you can understand why it was such a shock when early on February 7th (2008) when trying to put more relevant information in my blog I found it was no longer here at Google's Blogger blogspot. It had just disappeared. Like magic, Poof! Gone!

But my dear readers it was not magic, it was a mistake that someone at Google's Blogger blogspot has made. Now all I can do is ask for them to correct this mistake.
I will post the reply some time tomorrow morning, If I get one.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Good Morning Dear Reader,
As you may have guessed my blogs are still missing, but as promised here is an update from yesterday.

UPDATE: Well it's been 2 days and my blogs are still missing from my dashboard.
But I'm seeing that more and more people are experiencing the same disappearing
magic act as I am. It seems that Google has hired a Magician who is as good as
David Copperfield when it comes to making things disappear, but without the skills
to bring them back....

So here is the excuse we were given for all our missing blogs. Now remember there are hundreds if not thousands of blogs that have magically disappeared.
This is the reply we (dozens of bloggers)were given, from Google employee "Gatsby", in the forum, where you go for help when there is a problem with your blogs.



Local: Fri, Feb 8 2008 1:02 pm
Subject: Re: All my Blogs have Disappeared


"Good morning everyone,

I suggest you folks take a look at the following help article to get some perspective on why some of your blogs may been removed. http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=42577

From the article:

"The ease of creating and updating webpages with Blogger has made it particularly prone to a form of behavior known as link spamming. Blogs engaged in this behavior are called spam blogs. [They] may scrape content from other sites on the web, using other people's writing to make it look as though they have useful information of their own...they can clog up search engines, making it difficult to find real content on the subjects that interest you."

That's how they explain the disappearance of hundreds of blogs ??? Now considering the date it took more than 24 hours for this simple copy and paste reply. With the money Google is making just from the ads that are on these blogs I would have thought they could afford a forum moderator who could come up with something better than a copy and paste answer and in a more appropriate time frame. What's wrong in admitting that somewhere along the lines there was a mistake made by someone and they would correct the problem or give each of us a better reason for deleting these blogs?
What has happened to honesty...doesn't it exist anymore?

Now let's stop and think about this...All of a sudden more than a hundred (or thousand, whichever it may be) blogs have suddenly disappear that have been on the Internet for over a year and they are just now deciding that all are link spamming?

As they say on 20/20
"Give me a break!"

If we believe that then we believe "Pigs can fly" "Hell is frozen Over" "The sky is Falling" and "I'm an Alien from Mars"

2 comments:

Morgan Drake Eckstein said...

So basically if you research a subject, and then use the information to write your blogs, you are guilty of link spamming. I guess that they would rather have us just make stuff up. Or maybe have the cats write it--the cats never research anything and they swear that they are always right.

Shirley said...

Frankly I think they just don't want to admit that there was some mistake made while they were doing maintenance. Because there were only a few links that were on the blogs and none lead back to the same page.
I really don't understand what link spamming is or why they would even care. If your visitor didn't want to click on a link to go somewhere else they don't have too.

About Me

My photo
Hi Friend, Welcome to my blog. Grab your favorite drink, get settled in your comfortable chair and visit for a while. Feel free to leave a comment... good or naughty, I welcome all.