What's On AOL Music?

A daily update on The Mystery of the Disappearing Blogs

Monday, February 11, 2008

Update: Disappearing Blogs

Today is the 5th day since my blogs just magicaly disappeared from
my dashboard at blogspot. I am still waiting for some logical answer from the
person who received my email at Google's Blogger as to why they removed these blogs.
I thought it would only take a few days, but I was mistaken.

Why did I think that a program that makes millions of dollars a year
would care about the "little" people?
Because it is US that helps them make those millions of dollars.

Where would they be if everyone on the Internet refused to put
these ads on our websites and/or blogs? How long would they survive
then? The big companies who pay them to advertise would be looking for
another way to get their ads out to the masses and Google would lose
this revenue. And that my dear reader is a lot of money to lose.


The Companies who use them to advertise are the ones who puts the bread
on their table, and we the "little" people are the ones who serve up these
ads. And we do this for free....we give them an area to place these ads
on our websites and blogs in hopes of making a few pennies. What would
happen to them if the webmasters and bloggers started charging Google to
place these ads on our websites and blogs? This is what they
do to those that use them to advertise. So why shouldn't we do the same?

What I am trying to get across here is the fact that even though Google
makes millions of dollars a year by using us to do so, they don't respect
us enough to answer our questions in a timely manner. And they act as if
they are doing us a favor by placing the ads from these companies or people
on space that could we could be renting out to other advertisers.
I for one would like to receive a little more respect from a company that I help
make millions of dollars every year.
Is that to much to ask of them?
Or am I living in a world of delusion???

Drop in tomorrow for more on the Mystery of the Disappearing Blogs

2 comments:

Morgan Drake Eckstein said...

Typical big business...top heavy with administrative run arounds. I wonder how many people were affected and how many times the emails have been forwarded to yet another person as it is repeatedly addressed as "Not my problem."

Shirley said...

Thanks Morgan for dropping by...
This may turn out to be a saga of the Mystery of the Disappearing Blogs. There were more post in their forum today. Seems it is happening to a lot of bloggers who use blogspot.
As far as we know the shoddy answer we received in the forum may be the only one we ever get. Only time will tell.

About Me

My photo
Hi Friend, Welcome to my blog. Grab your favorite drink, get settled in your comfortable chair and visit for a while. Feel free to leave a comment... good or naughty, I welcome all.